Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Favorites and Least Favorites about Comm41

One of my favorite things about this class was that I was required to do the work on my own. Granted it was very hard at times to balance going to class, doing other homework, and going to work, it was nice to know that I did not have to go on campus to complete a homework assignment or walk to class for lecture for this particular course.  If I wanted to, which I did most of the time, I did the work in the comfort of my own home while I was waiting for dinner to be cooked or just had to focus on completing the assignments for the week. I did not really enjoy doing the group projects because it was very difficult to collaborate for an online class however it was doable. Maybe one improvement that could be made would be to take the projects and make smaller and only assign one other person to work on the project with you because it was difficult at times to collaborate with a group of four other students.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog on your favorites and least favorites about our critical thinking and decision making class. I agree that it was very convenient being able to work at home and having one less class to worry about being late or missing class. I also agree that the group projects were a bit difficult to balance out due to different schedules with group members. Although the group assignments were a bit difficult to collaborate with other group members, the assignments were great, interesting and very useful tools. Overall, I think the online class was a great learning experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should all be glad and relieved how we're almost done with school! I can agree everything that you have mentioned of what you liked about this class. I'm surprised there were less of the least things you liked in this class, but most of us do all agree that the group projects that were the least things they like. I'm so glad that all those projects are over for me because it was complicated to gather group members when you want to get it done and over with. I agree that taking classes online feels so much better where you don't need to dress out and head to class. You're comfortable in your own pace and there's no pressure! If there are online classes in the future, I'd definitely take one to save myself from being on campus. Otherwise, great job on the post on your opinion of the class because I agree entirely. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your on your favorite thing and least favorite thing about the class.
    This was my first time taking an online class, so I found that it helped me with balancing my work and school schedule better. I got to decide when I wanted to do the blogs for the week or do the reading. And my least favorite thing was the group assignments. Because of the scheduling conflicts. It was sometimes hard to find a time for everyone to meet.
    My one suggestion for the class would of been less group work as well. It is just unusual for an online class to have group projects and assignments,

    ReplyDelete